College Spark Washington supports programs and strategies that help Washington’s low-income students become college-ready and earn their degrees. Our foundation makes grants to community organizations and education institutions around the state. Our grantees work with low-income students to improve academic achievement, prepare for college life and graduate from college.
College Spark Washington funding is currently allocated to:
- A College-Ready Math Initiative to help more students overcome this critical barrier to college entry and persistence
- The Achieving the Dream: Community Colleges Count Initiative, which helps colleges develop a culture of evidence that supports student success
- A College Readiness Initiative that helps more students gain the skills they need to become college-ready through AVID and Navigation 101
- The College Spark Community Grants Program which makes grants annually through a competitive RFP process.
- TheWashBoard.org, a free, web-based scholarship clearinghouse for Washington residents and students attending Washington colleges.
- TheAdvocacy Grants Program provides grant funding to accelerate the adoption and implementation of policies and practices that advance College Spark's mission beyond direct service grants.
- A Guided Pathways Initiative, aimed increasing college completion rates by providing students with a much clearer, more efficient path to completion
- Together Through College, a cohort-based program in which groups of students graduating from the same community and heading off to the same college receive a range of services that help them overcome barriers to college completion.